What to Know
Reveals purpose to fight stigmas related to cannibals and drive advocacy and reform efforts
The museum will present guests the historical past of grass consumption through the years.
The museum will likely be open to the general public on August 3, 2019 and shut on September 29, 2019.
A brand new museum is blowing into Hollywood.
The Weedmaps Museum of Weed, curated by the corporate Weedmaps, goals to fight the stigma related to marijuana use and convey consciousness to cannabis prohibition and racially motivated polices relating to the hemp.
“Our aim with the Weedmaps Museum of Weed is to demystify cannabis and its position in society, and to attract consideration to the influence prohibition of cannabis has had on varied social teams within the U.S. and past,” stated CEO Chris Beals in a press release.
The museum will likely be open to the general public on Aug. 3, 2019 and shut on Sept. 29, 2019.
The three,000-square-foot undertaking is a partnership with VIRTUE, a inventive unit of Vice Media. The museum will function interactive reveals, historic artifacts, artwork installations and extra. Guests will likely be additionally be capable to store customized attire and snag quite a lot of cannabis keepsakes.
The Weedmaps Museum of Hollywood will likely be situated at 720 North Cahuenga Blvd. in Hollywood.
In accordance with an organization press launch, it is going to function seven reveals and a particular Plant Lab part:
● Age Of Insanity: Supplies a visible have a look at the hysteria perpetuated by prohibition.
● Counterculture Revolution: Explores cannabis’ journey into the material of the 60s, from the hippie tradition to activism.
● Behind Closed Doorways: Takes guests to the beginning of the conflict on medication, when Richard Nixon launched the DEA, and the folks responded with foundations like NORML.
● Entrapment: Delves into the Reagan years and the government-driven propaganda that led to systematic mass incarceration of minorities.
● Dose of Compassion: Exhibits how the AIDS epidemic drove California’s poll measure to legalize medical marijuana by a slice of life story.
● The Plant Lab: An interactive exhibit that explores every part from cannabinoids to terpenes and the most recent expertise and breakthrough medical analysis that may assist form the way forward for the plant and its position in society.
Weedmaps is an organization that makes a speciality of serving to medical and leisure marijuana sufferers discover docs, dispensaries, shops and different companies since 2008.