Even though healthcare marijuana is legally accessible in 36 states and Washington DC, the fragmented nature of the business – every state creates its personal set of guidelines – suggests every market place grows at a unique price.
The new quarterly release of the Marijuana Enterprise Factbook presents updated profiles of every state market place, highlighting the development occurring in every.
An evaluation of state markets that release patient counts on at least a quarterly basis reveals many important takeaways:
- Oklahoma is the quickest-developing healthcare marijuana market place in the typical quantity of day-to-day patient increases, and MMJ sufferers represent four.1% of the state’s total population – one particular of the highest prices in the nation. Development is bolstered by low barriers of entry, such as the reality there’s no list of qualifying circumstances for sufferers.
- Florida is the second-quickest-developing market place in terms of sufferers joining the registry, with registered sufferers generating up 1.six% of the state’s total population. This leaves space for additional development, which could happen from the current legalization of smokable flower and continued wide access to dispensaries.
- Regardless of possessing operational markets for only a couple of months, Arkansas and Ohio have reached a statewide proportion of healthcare marijuana sufferers on par with mature markets such as Illinois, New Jersey and New York.
- Following a powerful very first year of sales, Maryland’s healthcare marijuana plan continues to develop, and regulators are evaluating a second round of small business license applications for 10 processors and 4 cultivators to meet demand.
- Arizona and New Mexico continue to post strong development and could advantage from current developments in every state. New Mexico regulators expanded the state’s list of qualifying circumstances for sufferers, are growing the quantity of plants permitted to be grown by the state’s 35 vertically integrated operators and could be forced to let for out-of-state reciprocity. Arizona regulators extended the life of healthcare marijuana cards from one particular year to two, and the state Supreme Court lately ruled that marijuana extracts are legal, ending almost a year of confusion more than the legality of sales of edibles, concentrates and other infused items.
Maggie Cowee can be reached at [email protected]